Whilst there is enough to keep any family happy and entertained at Dawlish Sands and Dawlish Warren, we know that lots of people also want to explore some of Devon’s other attractions. There are plenty to choose from, rain or shine, within easy driving distance, including:
- Zoos and wildlife parks
- Boat and train trips
- Coastal walks
- Dartmoor National Park
- Mountain biking
- Horse riding
- Water and adventure parks
- Stately homes and gardens
- Sea, game and coarse fishing
- Beaches, coastal towns and resorts
- Natural history attractions
- The Jurassic Coast
- Premiership rugby union (Exeter Chiefs)
- Exeter City FC
- Local festivals and events
Paignton Zoo, Devon
Paignton Zoo homes over 2,000 animals that include Lions, Tigers, Gorillas, Monkeys, Rhinos, Crocodiles, Giraffes, Elephants and much much more.
You and the family are in for a fantastic day, where you can get up close and personal to some of the animals, learn about the animal origins and see some of the world’s most popular animals.
Paignton Zoo is under an hour’s drive from Devon Cliffs.
Immerse yourself in a genuine experience of the past. From the cobbled floor to the original signs and shops brimming with products, there's so much to see at the General Store, Sweet Shop, Lace shop, Blacksmith, Haberdashery & Milliner, Post office, Apothecary, Toy Shop, Bakery, Jeweller, Ironmonger, Grocer, Dolls Store, HMV Shop, Pawnbroker and Pub.
Exmouth - A beautiful seaside town
EXMOUTH is a modern holiday resort and is a beautiful seaside town in every sense of the word. It's regularly won many Britain in Bloom competitions over the years and the immaculately kept gardens in the summer are a joy to behold. The Esplanade runs the full length of the two-mile sea front from the busy dockyard to the local beauty spot at Orcombe Point.
Along its length are many attractions including: Sea and River Trips, Beach Gardens, Children's Rides, Bowling, Lifeboat Display, Amusements, Picnic and Barbecue Area, Tennis, Bowls and Cricket, but centrally is EXMOUTH'S Pavilion, with live shows, entertainments, dances and tea-rooms.
The Town Centre's excellent pedestrianised Magnolia Shopping Centre has centrally situated car parks or of course you could leave your car parked by the caravan and catch a bus from the park right into the Town Centre which couldn't be more convenient.
Crealy Theme Park and Resort, Exeter, Devon
Crealy Theme Park and Resort features over 60 rides and attractions for you and the family to enjoy as well as a fantastic calendar of events and live shows throughout the year. Crealy is an award winning family Theme Park that features the most rides in Devon, as well as three huge indoor play areas, meaning its maximum fun whatever the weather!
Book online and save £££s.
The World of Country Life, Littleham, Exmouth
The World of Country Life is a truly wonderful place for old and young alike! It has everything - farm animals to feed, racing ferrets and pigs, Birds of Prey shows, a Deer Train Safari, rare steam engines, historic motorbikes and cars and large indoor and outdoor play areas plus lots of places to eat.
The World of Country Life is a guaranteed fantastic day out for the whole family.
More attractions... Follow the links to find out more
- Woodlands www.woodlandspark.com
- Bicton Gardens www.bictongardens.co.uk
- Stuart Line Cruises www.stuartlinecruises.co.uk
- Powderham Castle http://www.powderham.co.uk/
- Exeter Underground Passages www.exeter.gov.uk/passages
- Exeter Cathedral www.exeter-cathedral.org.uk
- Exeter Football www.exetercityfc.co.uk
- Exeter Rugby www.exeterchiefs.co.uk
- Becky Falls www.beckyfalls.com
- Canonteign Falls www.canonteignfalls.com
- Miniature Pony Centre www.miniatureponycentre.com
- River Dart www.riverdart.co.uk
- Lyme Regis Fossil Collecting www.lymeregis.ukfossils.co.uk
Hurry! Only 4 left